Tuesday, July 11, 2006

The Dawn of a New Era








Righty ho, so this is me starting over with this whole blog thing after being basically screwed over by the last blog provider I went with (whose name I shall leave out of this out of the kindness of my heart -- although you may or may not find the old blog here).

I'm trying to write this as I'm watching Conan; Martha Stewart is on, and she's just been released from the slammer -- which obviously means that Finland's Subtv is airing an old episode again. I really do not get the logic of this. They mostly show recent episodes with a few days' delay, but they also throw in one to three episodes dating from last year every week. How come? It doesn't make sense. If new episodes are being translated continuously, it should naturally follow that there are no breaks; that there is always a two to three-day-old episode to air. After all, where do the shows that aren't aired go? Presumably they go on the shelf to be aired some time next year, but where the hell is the sense in that? Beats me, but, then, a lot of things do.

No comments: